Thursday, November 6, 2008

Feuilles Mortes

Autumn is in full swing, clocks turned back, change is all around us. As I fight a spot of post election depression, and pre-holiday anxiety, I am feeling strangely romantic about the whole deal.
This is a time of year that finds us together in front of food and drink celebrating, and it is a season of rich sensory experiences and memories. Today I am taking a bit of time away from the schedules, inventories etc... and turning my mind to the sensations of Autumn, and get some ideas cobbled together for some new jams at the bar.

Roasted, stewed.
Smoke
crisp apples and pears
pomegranate
cranberry
roasted squash 
mulling spices
pipe tobacco
chestnut
Armagnac
prune
leather
wet asphalt
maple
gold
red
coffee
crunch

Just a few impressions. Send me your own if you like.


No comments: